Sunday, January 15, 2012

Rtiz and Peanut Butter

Last Wednesday morning, I was at work and was getting a little hungry.  I was only able to eat part of my breakfast.  Side note, don't put whole kiwis in the blender.  The seeds end up feeling like glass in your mouth.  Anyway, I didn't want to get something from the vending machine.  All that's in there is junk food.  I asked Cindi if she had any nuts or anything healthier that what's in the vending machine.  All she had was some peanut butter.  She also told me that there were some Ritz Crackers in our storage room.  I got a little bit of peanut butter on a fork and grabbed some crackers.  As I was taking my first bite, I remembered that I used to eat these at my Nannie's house all the time.  That was our afternoon snack when I stayed with her.  I used to think that was the best snack ever.  You have the buttery saltiness of the cracker and the sweetness of the peanut butter.  A little bite of goodness.  Love it!  Do you have any little memories like this one?  I would love to hear them...

1 comment:

  1. Erin, Every summer my grandmother would make ice cream floats...coke and vanilla ice cream or ginger ale and sherbert. We would sit on her porch glidder and have an ice cream float. Wonderful memories! She would also make vanilla pudding, mix coconut with the pudding and pour in a baked pie shell. Another summer favorite she always had on hand.

    ReplyDelete