Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Story Time

Monday night, as I was reading  "No More Diapers for Ducky!" to Alex, I was taken back to when I was a little girl.  My middle sister, Noel, and I would get Momma to read a book to us almost every night.  We had our favorites.  "Cinderella", "Cat in the Hat", "The Spooky Old Tree"... and the list goes on.  Like my son, we had our favorite of the week (month).  Momma would read the same book every night for god knows how long.  She never really complained.  Her reading was AWESOME!!!  She always, always, did the voices of each character.  Momma was the Queen of making a the characters truly come alive.  Especially Gus Gus, the mouse, in "Cinderella".  She'd even sing some of the songs from the movie.  She came over to my house a few weeks ago and I got her to read a book to Alex.  Watching and listening to her read to Alex was one of those wonderful memories that I will always treasure.  Love you, Momma!!!

1 comment:

  1. I remember spending the night with you and Noel one time and she read a dozen Dr. Suess stories to us. That is the ONLY thing I remember from that spend the night!

    ReplyDelete