Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Starts

Well...I had written a whole post and hit some button and erased the whole thing.  GRRRR!


Anyway, I'm starting a few things over and trying to commit to a couple more things.  I know, I need more things to commit to.  I'm going to try to lose a little weight.  I think writing it here will boost my willpower a little.  Another new thing is this blog.  I'm going to write something at least once a week.  For now, I'm going to post some of my fondest memories of my family and friends.  People say that many memories are triggered by scents.  Most of mine are triggered by sounds.  A particular song that comes on the radio or a movie that my son is watching in his room.  The sound of heels clacking down the hall make me think of playing with my Nannie's ballroom shoes.  So, here goes.  My memories...


I was sitting in the living room listening to my son watching a DVD (Mickey's Christmas Carol).  As I was listening, I was remembering going to my Nannie's house during the Christmas season (my favorite season).  We, some of the grand kids, would gather in the living room and watch Mickey's Christmas Carol almost every year.  Sometimes we would watch it on Christmas Day.  This is one of my fondest memories.  I bought Mickey's Christmas Carol this past Christmas for my son in the hopes that we can start a similar tradition with him and his cousins.


I always love the holidays at the end of the year.  They always bring family together.


If you would like, leave some of your fondest memories to share.

2 comments:

  1. I love Mickey's Christmas Carol too! A couple of Christmas's back, we had a family movie night and watched it. I'm not sure the boys enjoyed it as much as I did, though. :) JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get that a a lot, too, Jess. The things I really enjoyed (like being a Winnie the Pooh maniac), my kids don't like as much. It's really neat how things that you do with your children remind you of things that you did. Rose is in Chorus at school and Lilli's taking ballet with Mrs. Ari. Erin, I remember when we went to Mrs. Ari's, we'd fight over that awful leotard every week and end up calling momma to sort it out. Come to think of it, we did that all day every day. We'd disagree, we'd call momma at work. Sometimes I wonder how she did as well as she did!
    With Rose, I can work with her and show her tricks that my chorus teachers taught me and she thinks that's really cool.

    ReplyDelete