Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Amazing Baby

Some days I am just amazed at what a baby does. Alex has discovered his hands and feet. He balls his hands up and brings them up to his face. When he gets them right in front of his face, he stretches out his hands and startles himself. "Oh my! They did something!" He does something similar with his feet. He stares at them for a few seconds. Then, if they move, it catches him off guard. "What the??? They moved!!" I get this look that says, "Mommy, what is that? I think I'm doing it but, I'm not sure." Love it!

On Sunday, he started talking for extended periods of time to anything that was near. You hear the "Aahhh" ,"Oh", and the most beautiful sound of all, the "Coo". I love this sound. It's such a peaceful sound. It's not loud or long. Just peaceful. This is only ahead of the next most beautiful sound. The laugh. I have always loved a baby's laugh. It is one of the sweetest sounds any mother can hear. It's one of those things that makes your day worth all the crud you have to put up with during the day. I look forward to hearing what sounds he can make everyday.



Last night he rolled over twice. It was so cute. He was laying on the floor playing peak-a-boo with a blanket. Next thing I know, he's on his side looking at the tv. A minute later, he was back on his back. He did it again about 2 or 3 minutes later. He's halfway rolled over before but, this time he was all the way on his side and then back again.

I know to most of you these things seem trivial. Babies roll over all the time. The talk all the time. Eventually I won't be able to get him to stop talking or moving. Right now I don't care. He's my little boy and he's making progress to becoming a little person with so much personality. Every grin, coo, laugh, and cry shows me more an more of the little man that he is and will be. I look forward to every day with him.







3 comments:

  1. Oh, sooo much fun! I remember when my boys were just beginning to talk. I'd say Ah-goo to them in at least 10 different ways, high, low, over and over. They were mesmerized, like I was talking their language! Bout as good as that ceiling fan once used to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! very cute! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed thes pics. He still looks like you. Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete